In the words of the author himself, his tome was responsible for "the bringing to light of many curious facts, so far as I am aware, never before noticed" about the role of ale and beer in the history of mankind. Starting in ancient Egypt, Bickerdyke traces the evolution of beer and brewing up through the late s. The book includes over 50 woodcut illustrations.
The Curiosities of Ale Beer, Hardcover
What an incredible resource of brewing fun, fact and fancy! An first edition copy was digitally scanned, professionally enhanced, and reissued in a hard cover format. All pages are reproduced exactly as they appeared at the time of publication in , including the more than 50 original woodcuts. Keep up on all new beer book releases. Enter Your Email: BeerBooks. Larger View.
- Chanticleer Books;
- 4 customer reviews.
- Collected Writings of Charles Brockden Brown: Letters and Early Epistolary Writings;
- Catalog Record: The curiosities of ale & beer : an | HathiTrust Digital Library!
- Requiem und Eine Motette, vol.11, Delicta Juventutis.
- Witch Twins and the Ghost of Glenn Bly.
William Shakespeare. The Complete Short Fiction. Oscar Wilde. Charles Dickens.
Speeches of Note. Shaun Usher.
The Good Immigrant. Nikesh Shukla. Metamorphosis and Other Stories. Franz Kafka. Common People. Kit de Waal. Granta Sigrid Rausing. Being Various.
The Curiosities of Ale and Beer: An Entertaining History () by Bickerdyke | eBay
Orwell on Freedom. George Orwell. Penny Dreadfuls. Jay Rubin. Edgar Allan Poe. Wild Women.
Shop by category
Mariella Frostrup. The Kindness of Strangers.
- Ambimorphic Symmetries;
- Curiosities of Ale and Beer.
- The Curiosities of Ale and Beer. An Entertaining History (Norton Critical Edition).
- More Books by John Bickerdyke.
Fearghal O'Nuallain. Your review has been submitted successfully. Not registered? Forgotten password Please enter your email address below and we'll send you a link to reset your password.